Saturday, March 6, 2010

Naturally Funny




I recently attended the North American Nature Photography Summit where my image of a Burrowing owl and Jackrabbit was honored in the NANPA Naturally Funny contest. Not only was the image selected and shown during the conference, but it was also printed by George Lepp and hung during the event.

I shot this image while shooting Burrowing owls for a magazine article a couple years ago. I was down in the Davis area where I had heard of a good nest site. At first the owl and I both were frustrated about the Jackrabbit getting in the shots, but after looking at the image over past couple years it has become one of my favorites from the project.

I guess it goes to show shoot now, decide later!

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous, Josh -- the expression on the owl's face is priceless. I'm so impressed to see how you've taken your passion and made it into a career! You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete