Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2013 Wild and Scenic Film Festival












 
                     Activist Craig Childs addresses a crowd

Each January the South Yuba River Citizens League puts on the largest environmental film festival in the country in Nevada City.   For years I have been involved in various ways with the event, either showing work or helping to check tickets at the door.  This year I decided it was time to donate my photography skill to help create publicity photos of the event.   I had a wonderful time interacting and photographing film makers, volunteers, guest speakers, and of course famous rock climber Alex Honnold.  

If you have never attended the Wild and Scenic Film Festival, you are missing out.   With some of the most inspiring and educational films I have ever seen, I can't wait for next January.  













Naturalist and Author John Muir Laws signs petition to protect Yuba River Salmon from a proposed Dam project.













Climber Alex Honnold being interviewed for upcoming film.

                                                                                Filmmaker wins an award




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun event, I'll have to make a trip there next year for it. It's amazing to but not surprising that DSLRs are the video tools of choice for events such as that.

    Cheers

    Spencer

    ReplyDelete